ATM OCN (Meteorology) 100
PART II - ARTIFICIAL WEATHER MODIFICATION
Lecture #11 Scheduled for:
30 JUN 2004 (W)
Recommended Readings from Moran (2002):
Today's Lecture Objectives:
- To list and describe four intended applications of weather modification involving cloud seeding.
- To describe the strategies employed for cloud dissipation and for precipitation stimulation.
- To discuss the difficulties of verifying cloud seeding efforts.
B. BACKGROUND NEEDS
C. INTENTIONAL ARTIFICIAL WEATHER MODIFICATION
- Stimulate Precipitation
- Dissipate Clouds and Fog
- Suppress Hail
- Modify Hurricanes
- Precipitation Stimulation Techniques - "Cloud seeding"
- Early Weather Modification Techniques
- Modern Precipitation Stimulation Strategies
- Fog Dissipation
- Hail Suppression
Latest revision: 7 July 2004 (2255 UTC)
Produced by Edward J. Hopkins, Ph.D.
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison Madison, WI 53706