Subject: THE WEATHER NOTEBOOK 5/11/99

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:43:15 -0600 (MDT)

THE WEATHER NOTEBOOK 5/11/99
=====================================================
Try PEC long distance for 6.9 cents per minute. They have on-line sign
up and update your call records on-line every day. Great for tracking
who has been calling where

                      http://www.SaveOnPhone.com

Our on-line calculator will show you in a couple of seconds who has the
lowest rate for you. Whether you are a residential or business customer,
this site provides an easy to understand comparison of all the low-cost
calling plans we could find. And it's all in one place. So give it a try
and if your plan is better than the ones we have listed, let us know and
we will add it to our site.
=====================================================

On this date in ....

1934 - Tremendous Dust Bowl storms affect the plains. 

1953 - Massive F5 tornado devastated downtown Waco, TX, killing 114 and
injuring nearly 600. 30 people were killed in a six-story furniture
store, which collapsed. Tornado carved 23-mile path through town,
destroying over 850 homes. Damage $200 million. 

1966 - 1.6 inches of snow falls in Chicago, marking their latest
measurable snow on record. 

1970 - Lubbock TX hit by tornado. Kills 26. Injures 500. Damage $135
million. A second twister killed two other Lubbock residents, and the
combined paths of the two tornadoes damaged almost a quarter of the
city. 

1970 - Alarge tornado struck Lubbock TX. 26 dead, $135 million in
damage. 

1989 - Fort Stockton TX picked up 7.75 inches of rain in two hours. 

====================================================
Check out The Weather Company's new On-Line Weather Store. Now you can
order weather stations, instruments, science projects, telescopes and
videos from your computer! Weather equipment for adults and children!
The best prices for top quality equipment.
http://weatherco.hotnew.com/weatherco/
======================================
Please visit The Weather Notebook radio show website
http://www.mountwashington.org/notebook
Heard on more than 200 radio stations nationwide every weekday, The
Weather Notebook explores the connection between weather and everyday
life. The radio show is a production of the Mount Washington Observatory
(http://www.mountwashington.org), a private, non-profit organization
dedicated to weather research and education since 1932.
=======================================
You can also unsubscribe at
http://theweathercompany.com/unsubscribeme.html